Before you embark on any content marketing strategy, it is important to define who exactly you want to be marketing to.
As you begin to dive deeper and really become familiar with your client personas, you will be able to create more robust content that will help fill your CRM with qualified leads.
Creating real estate client personas will help you position yourself as an industry leader amongst your niche all while aiding you in delivering top quality content, every time. Your creative social media posts will turn into high converting assets, all because you took the time to understand what your audience WANTS to engage with.
So let’s hop right into it!
What Are Real Estate Client Personas?
A client (or buyer) persona is any fictional client you can create that will represent your ideal customer. Having solid buyer personas in play will help you know how to create content that will be more engaging for your target audience.
Think of your client personas as the types of goals your leads have when deciding that they want to buy or sell a home.
Your personas need to acknowledge the pain points, desired outcomes, and motivating factors that your ideal client faces so that you have a better understanding of how to guide them through the buying or selling process.
How to Create a Real Estate Client Persona
Creating client personas takes both industry insight and intuition.
Start by tapping into your niche to get a clearer idea of who you want to serve.
Then, create a list of demographics, questions, and characteristics that your ideal audience may have, such as
- Marital status
- Do they have children?
- Education and Career
- What channels are they searching for information about real estate?
- Types of amenities they are looking for
Plus many more, but this is an excellent list to start with when creating your client personas.
Why Are Client Personas Important for Real Estate Agents?
If you want to optimize your marketing campaigns and attract more leads, then creating client personas is a necessary first step.
Here are some of the top reasons why you need to create your real estate client personas:
- For targeting purposes: with client personas, you will know exactly who will benefit from your services.
- For pitching purposes: understanding exactly what your clients need can put you at an advantage when pitching your service.
- For content purposes: instead of making content for everyone, you can really hyper-focus on your ideal clients and create pieces of content they will appreciate.
- For lead nurturing purposes: once you have generated warms leads, understanding your personas will help you determine your communication strategy to know how to allocate time and resources to your leads until they become happy clients.
Top Questions to Ask Before Creating a Buyer Persona
To gain a deeper understanding of your client personas and how you can use marketing efforts to attract the types of leads you want, there are a few questions you should ask yourself before creating them.
- What do my past clients tell me about my ideal clients?
- How do my services best serve this client over other agents?
- Where would my ideal client likely find my content?
- What types of content would this client be attracted to?
Best Real Estate Buyer Persona Examples
Below are some client persona examples that, we hope, will give you a bit of inspiration when you begin to start writing your client personas!