There is a lot of law practice management software on the market right now, so it can be a bit overwhelming to know which one is best for your law firm.
But, despite the endless options available to law firms, the right software for your law firm is on the market right now. You just need to define where your law firm could use improvement then match software to those key points.
We wanted to take some of the stress off your back and offer your law firm our top 10 picks for legal practice management software. Updated with reviews for 2020!
- 1) What is Law Practice Management Software?
- 2) How to Pick the Best Legal Practice Management Software for Your Firm
- 3) The Best Legal Practice Management Software in 2020
- 4) 1. Lawcus
- 5) 2. PracticePanther
- 6) 3. Clio
- 7) 4. MyCase
- 8) 5. Zola Suite
- 9) 6. CosmoLex
- 10) 7. GrowPath
- 11) 8. Bill4Time
- 12) 9. Legal Files
- 13) 10. Actionstep
- 14) It’s Time to Streamline and Boost Your Law Firm’s Productivity
What is Law Practice Management Software?
Law practice management software is software designed specifically to improve day to day operations and outcomes for law firms. Typically, law practice management software is designed to improve case and client records, billing and accounting, scheduling, and deadlines.
How to Pick the Best Legal Practice Management Software for Your Firm
The best law practice management software will truly depend on the area(s) that your firm needs to improve. If your firm is struggling with time and billing, then finding software with an emphasis on streamlining and improving legal billing and accounting.
Not all lagal practice management software is created equal, so make sure pricing, platform, and continued support information is readily available on the website.
The Best Legal Practice Management Software in 2020
Here are our top 10 picks for the best legal practice management software for 2020:
Overview: Lawcus is a visual legal practice management software that enables attorneys to automate consistent processes to help deliver more with transparency and less effort. Lawcus offers tons of integration to your firm’s favorite platforms, such as Zapier and Quickbooks, and is available on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.8/5, “Working with Lawcus has overall been an experience that’s moved our firm ahead and got us into Cloud-based practice management software just before it was essential (COVID-19).”
- Learning curve: Low, they offer easy onboarding, a support forum, and LiveChat and email for continuous support.
- Free Trial: Yes, they offer a free trial.
- Price: Three-tier pricing starting at $35 for the standard platform to business for 50+ team members for $59 per month.
Overview: PracticePanther offers maximized efficiency for law firms. This cloud-based solution has a variety of powerful solutions, including legal CRM built to optimize client relationships, streamlines all billable minutes, easy integration with Google Suites and Zapier. They also offer the software on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.8/5, “My favorite thing by far is the intuitive interface. You can’t overstate how important ease of use is in technology when it comes to legal professionals.”
- Learning Curve: Low, and they offer private training, training videos, support forums, and are available on LiveChat and email from Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 7 PM EST.
- Free Trial: Yes, you will get an unlimited 7-day free trial.
- Price: $39/month per person, paid annually, or $49/month paid monthly.
Overview: Clio is a cloud-based platform with the goal of helping your law firm organize and operate better. The platform offers comprehensive case management, advanced document management, and faster and easier billing. It is also offered on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.7/5, “Advanced and intuitive legal management software created for those that are ahead of the curve. Clio remains innovative to the benefit of the client.”
- Learning curve: Low, and your firm will receive onboarding training, ongoing support, and 24/5 live support, Monday through Friday, 12 am to midnight.
- Free trial: You can sign up for a 7-day free trial.
- Price: Multiple-tier system that ranges from $39-$125 per month.
Overview: MyCase is a web-based management software that helps streamline the day to day operations of your law firm office. MyCase will improve your billing cycle, case management, lead management, client experience, customer support, and bank-grade security. MyCase is hosting is cloud-based and is offered on mobile as well.
- Reviews: 4.7/5, “MyCase has been beneficial to our firm right off the bat. The more we learn to use it, the more it is beneficial. It keeps everything all together in one place.”
- Learning Curve: Low, plus you will receive training, guided implementation, and continuous support.
- Free Trial: Yes, you can start with a free trial.
- Price: $49 per user/month (billed annually) or $59 per user/month (billed monthly).
5. Zola Suite
Overview: Zola Suite is a cloud-based law practice management software, which offers a wide range of features including billing functionality, notes and calendars, task management, email integration, and document management and assembly. The software is also available on mobile devices.
- Reviews: 4.7/5, “The seamless integration with Gmail and Google Calendar sets Zola above the competition. For anyone who currently relies on Gmail and Google Calendar Zola is a no-brainer. The calendaring features and task management tools are robust and the reminder options for SMS and Email put Zola over the top.”
- Learning Curve: Low, with a large library of training videos and extensive online support.
- Free Trial: Yes, 10-day free trial.
- Price: Three-tier system, Core, Enterprise, or Enterprise Plus, ranging from $59 to $89 per month, billed annually.
Overview: CosmoLex is the first cloud-based law firm practice management software that has a built-in compliant legal accounting, meaning you won’t have to use QuickBooks, meaning you do not have to spend time using several different platforms. CosmoLex is also available on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.7/5, “It helps with keeping time, accessing my files, and keeping track of emails. I love this program. I also like that it is not as confusing as the double-entry method used by other accounting programs.”
- Learning Curve: Low, and they have a knowledge base where you can ask you questions about the platform as well as training classes and continued support with live chat and email.
- Free Trial: Yes, you can start with a free trial.
- Price: $79 per user/month billed annually or $89 month-to-month.
Overview: GrowPath is a cloud-based SaaS case management platform, with features including improved client intake, streamlined case management, and top analytic tools.
- Reviews: 4.8/5, “GrowPath helped identify and eliminate internal induced delays. I can’t imagine ever going back to our old case software management after using this program.”
- Learning Curve: Low, with in-person or digital training sessions as well as continuous support once you have integrated the platform.
- Free Trial: You can request a free demo.
- Price: $79 per user per month, billed annually. For a month-to-month subscription, the price is $87 per user per month.
Overview: Bill4Time is great for firms that want to improve their time tracking, billing, and case management. The platform offers easy integration with PayPal, QuickBooks, Outlook, and many other platforms. The platform is user-friendly, great for any size law firm, and available on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.7/5 “It’s a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no “cons” when comparing to other billing programs I’ve looked at.”
- Learning Curve: Low, and they offer you training channels, webinars, and manuals to make the integration process smooth, as well as a help center, live chat, and support via email or phone call.
- Free Trial: Yes, they offer a free trial.
- Price: There is a three-tier price system, paid monthly or annually starting at $27.
9. Legal Files
Overview: Legal Files is a cloud-based platform that helps in a variety of pivotal areas for law firms. Some of the great benefits of using Legal Files is that it has excellent reporting generation features, can improve scheduling, messaging, and response tracking. Legal Files deployment is available on mobile.
- Reviews: 4.6/5, “Who would have known that when we added Legal Files a few years ago that it would be the reason I can allow my two assistant attorneys to seamlessly work from home? Definitely glad that we took that leap!”
- Learning Curve: Low, with training and onboarding happening in person if you live near the headquarters in Springfield, Illinois, or over a web conference. You will receive continuous support via phone or email.
- Free Trial: There is no free trial but you can request a free demo.
- Price: You must request a quote from the sales team.
Overview: Actionstep is a cloud-based platform with the goal of automating your law firm’s tasks to eliminate distractions and organize your team. It offers easy integration with Microsoft Office programs and manages documents, clients, and billing. Actionstep is also available for mobile.
- Reviews: 4.4/5, “My practice consists of Real Estate and Collections. It does not fall within a general “litigation” program. Actionstep allows the user to create a flowchart with step-by-step guidance for a variety of cases. Perfect for foreclosures, bankruptcies, etc. Customer service is great from start to finish and the price can’t be beaten!
- Learning Curve: Easy integration and setup, with webinars available and consistent support starting from day one.
- Free Trial: You can take a free demo of the software.
- Price: There is a three-tier pricing plan starting at $49 per month.
It’s Time to Streamline and Boost Your Law Firm’s Productivity
Every law firm wants to boost productivity and make their clients happy, and we know your law firm is no different. We hope that today, you found the best law practice management software that will fit your firms distinct needs.
Your next step, let us know how we can help you with your marketing and web design goals so that your law firm has all of your bases covered. Let us know how we can help!