Like any business, I’m sure that your law firm’s overall business goal is to foster continuous growth and best serve your target market. But, not every client is the right type of client for your specific sector of law.
If you are pouring tons of money into producing high-quality content for your website and social media, but you have yet to established strong ideal client personas, then it is highly likely that your content will end up in the hands of the wrong people.
Establishing client personas for your law firm will help you supercharge your content marketing plan and better define your ideal target audience. You will have so much more clarity when it comes to your marketing efforts. Plus, nothing is better than seeing an influx of warm leads into your legal practice CRM.
The best part? All these new leads will be clients you actually WANT.
So let’s learn what client personas are, how they will help your law firm’s content marketing strategy, and then take a look at some stellar examples.
What Are Law Firm Client Personas
A law firm client persona is a detailed description of who you serve with your legal services. Defining who your ideal clients are will help you market to your target audience and create a stronger overall marketing plan.
Client personas are fictional people; you will give them a name, and provide detailed demographic information about them. But, these fictional clients are reminiscent of the types of clients your law firm’s current client roster.
By understanding your buyer personas, you will be able to craft your marketing messages to target your ideal clients and, in return, receive more inquiries for your services from more meaningful people.
Why It’s Necessary to Determine Client Personas
You need to determine proper client personas for your law firm to help you improve your marketing efforts. It’s as simple as that.
Not all clients are the right clients for your firm, so establishing client personas that you can draw on for inspiration as you are crafting your content can do the following:
- Help to sell your services to the right people.
- Determine how you can best serve your clients.
- Understand how your niche is trying to find you online so you can promote your firm to them in the right way.
- Comprehend why your previous clients selected you over the competition.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your competition and how to differentiate your law firm’s brand from the competitors.
How Can Client Personas Help Your Law Firm
Client personas can help you law firm flourish and grow. Creating concrete client personas can help you law firm by:
- Creating a robust connection with your audience.
- Helping to build the best content marketing plan since you will know exactly what your niche is looking for.
- Attracting the type of clients that actually need your services.
- Improving the overall client experience.
- Saving money on marketing efforts.
- Promoting the right services to the right people.
The Most Important Questions to Ask when Creating Law Firm Client Personas
Before you begin making your client personas, ask yourself the following questions:
- Looking at your past clients – what do they tell you about your ideal clients?
- How are your services preferred over other law firms?
- Where are your typical clients looking for content and legal services online?
- What type of content would your ideal clients like to see and interact with?
How to Build Your Ideal Client Personas
Building client personas can be broken down into 4 simple steps:
- Start with consumer research – survey your past clients and collect data that can help you build your personas.
- Understand the demographics of your niche – what they do, what they find important, and how they find their information are all relevant questions to ask when creating personas.
- Define their pain points – what part(s) of the legal process are most difficult for them and how can your services help them.
- Define their goals – what goals do they have when seeking the help of a lawyer and how can you help achieve those goals?
- Average income
- Marital status
- Age range
- How do they obtain their news?
- What do they look for in a law firm?
- What social media platforms do they use?
- Education level
- What content would they be attracted to online?
The Best Law Firm Client Persona Examples
Here are the top three examples of law firm client personas. Take these ideas and apply them to your specific sector of law to ensure you never lose a client again!
If you aren’t sure where to start with your client personas, or you simply don’t have time, let us know how we can help you in terms of creating client personas and generating an the best marketing plan for your law firm!