The CBD market has exploded over the past few years, especially since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, which removed hemp products from the controlled substance list, making the cultivation, possession, sales, and distribution of hemp and CBD products completely legal.
Which is great news for anyone working in the CBD industry, because CBD products are amazing and consumers want more of them!
But, if your CBD brand is struggling to turn website visitors into happy customers or have noticed your sales come short of your brand’s projected value, then look no further.
Here are 10 proven methods for increasing your CBD brand’s eCommerce sales today!
1. Lead Magnet for CBD Customers
Let’s dig in with the always successful technique of lead magnets.
This digital marketing tactic has a proven track record and offers a digital bit of content as an incentive to the consumer in exchange for their email address.
The ultimate goal is to gain more email subscribers so that you can nurture potential leads until they become dedicated customers.
How easy is that?
If you have ever seen that a brand provides a free eBook, and the only way to access the eBook is to provide an email, then you have knowingly, or unknowingly, participated in a brand’s lead magnet. In the end, I am sure you got great content out of the deal as well.
If your CBD brand is already producing great content, then incentivise the content a bit by having your target audience give you their email.
An example of a lead magnet in digital, downloadable content, such as:
- PDF Files
This is a perfect way to get more email subscribers.
“10 Ways To Overcome Chronic Pain” would be a valuable document you could provide prospects at no charge.
The user may make a purchase based on the information you shared, either from a document or future emails, or share it with friends who all can become future customers of your CBD products.
Lead magnets should be detailed and informative to the user, as the ads will be on your social media platform in exchange for lead magnet.
2. A Beautifully Designed CBD Website
To increase your CBD sales, you will first need to start with the foundation of your eCommerce platform – your website.
Your website is one of the best tools your CBD brand can use to draw in customers, engage with them, and have them purchase your goods.
Is your CBD eCommerce website of high uality and functionality, orrrrr does it need some work?
Your CBD website is in a good spot if it:
- Offers easy navigation to visitors
- Clear product descriptions and easy to read
- Supercharged for mobile (it’s a MUST)
- Aesthetically pleasing and on-brand
- Has a low bounce rate
- Is compliant with industry regulations
Need help with a tune-up? We would be happy to help you reach your ideal revenue goal in CBD sales by improving your website’s functionality and style.
3. Improve & Focus on SEO
I have already given a comprehensive guide to SEO for CBD brands in my previous blog, but we couldn’t talk about increasing your CBD sales and not talk about SEO!
Marketing CBD products are met with a lot of restrictions, such as not being able to run ads on Google, Facebook, and Instagram.
So, in reality, SEO can be your CBD brand’s one glimmer of hope for reaching a new audience and selling your CBD goods online.
Focus on a strong keyword, a strong backlinking strategy and producing top quality content.
Don’t forget about using social media to your advantage. Although you cannot run ads on social media, you can still interact with your community and have a strong presence on social media.
4. Give Your CBD Product Pages Some TLC
Your CBD products are what people came to your site for, so make sure that all aspects of your products are maximized and optimized.
What do I mean by that?
I mean, giving your CBD products the proper spotlight to show consumers how incredible they really are.
There are a lot of great things your CBD brand can do to strengthen product pages on your website, including:
- Focusing on strong product images – Well branded, clear, centered, professional lever photography.
- Accurate and SEO optimized product descriptions – You need to make consumers understand what they are buying and WANT to buy your products.
- Promote cross-selling and up-selling – Promote related products or product bundles on each product page.
- Include an FAQ section – Have frequently asked questions available for consumers to read. Your customers will have questions, it’s inevitable, so provide them with the answers before they even ask.
- Showcase your customer reviews!! These will work to promote trust and show potential customers that people really love your products.
Ensure that each page is fully optimized and actually selling your CBD goods and your pages are more likely to rank well on Google SERPs.
5. Keywords & Link Building
Keywords and link building should be the focal point of your SEO strategy, because without keywords and link building, would we even have SEO? Nope!
So, the first step for your CBD brand will be to find what short-tail and long-tail keywords will get you to rank higher with Google!
Some best practices to start your keyword strategy include:
- Focusing on both long-tail and short-tail keywords
- Improving your meta tags and on-page SEO
- Use niche related content and keywords
- Promote cross-selling and up-selling on product pages
6. Create the Best CBD Content Strategy
What does your CBD brand do differently than the competition?
Have you distinguished your brand’s niche in the CBD market?
What content can your CBD brand create that is unique, different, and informative to your readers?
These are the questions you should be asking as you create your CBD’s content strategy. You want to create content that is educational for your audience and that will be able to reach new customers.
A blog is a great first step because blogs foster trust with your community, and show that your brand is trusted and informative about all things CBD.
Plus, as your CBD brand creates content, once fully optimized for SEO, you will have an even better chance at ranking for Google SERPs.
Possible ideas for blog posts could include:
- Reporting on CBD clinical studies
- Product comparison (if you are a recreational shop/medical shop and offer a variety of products)
- Highlighting new products
- The difference between CBD products that promote energy vs. that are for relaxing
- Using influencer marketing for your CBD brand
These are just a few ideas, but really, each blog post should be informative and fit within your CBD brand persona.
Your content strategy could start with education, information, and entertainment. Once you find your style, the writing will become even more natural.
7. CBD Email Marketing & Newsletter
Created all this content but not sure how to reach a new audience to share your informative content? Well, email marketing can help!
It is extremely likely that a new visitor to your site won’t buy your product upon their first visit.
Maybe a new visitor found you based on a blog you wrote about CBD for sleep. They read, enjoyed the blog, but aren’t sure they are ready to purchase just yet.
Keep those potential customers wanting to come back for more with a strong email marketing.
Direct visitors to opt-in for your email newsletter and share content in the form of:
- Promotions for your CBD products
- Links to your newest piece of content
- Informing of new product releases
- Showcasing select products, such as your team’s favorite gummies or tinctures
Email marketing is a super easy and low-cost initiative that your CBD brand can take today. It will help generate brand recognition and with continued exposure, your brand will become a name notorious with great CBD products.
8. Chatbot Marketing for your Website
Chatbots can be your CBD brands 24/7 hour customer service rep, available to assist your eager customers even when you are away from the office.
How can these dedicated 24/7 representative help your CBD brand drive sales? Chatbots can drive sales by:
- Improving your customer interaction
- Streamline your business operations
- Promote upselling and cross-selling
- Guide your customers to the products they desire immediately upon entering your site
Since you are an eCommerce CBD brand, I am sure that you have had the struggle of abandoned carts. It is the sad, but true, reality that all eCommerce companies face.
It is a constant problem for eCommerce brands, in fact, according to web usability research institute Baymard, a whopping 70% of online shopping carts don’t make it to checkout.
But, chatbots can help your CBD brand reduce that extremely high 70%! Here’s how:
- By giving consumers someone to talk to about your products
- Providing customers with more information about shipping
- Answering any doubts about the products
- Guiding customers to what they need, even if they are “just browsing”
If you are still not convinced that chatbot marketing could greatly aid in increasing your CBD brands sales, we wrote a complete guide to chatbot marketing, check it out!
9. Strong Branding Strategy
Your branding strategy for your CBD products can make or break your CBD brand.
Since CBD marketing is met with various industry restrictions, your branding strategy is an extremely distinct way to make your brand stand out.
When we are talking about your branding strategy, we are talking about:
- Brand tone
- Your logo
- Color scheme and aesthetic
- Typography for products
- Culture for your products
Just to name a few elements of your brand strategy.
A strong CBD branding strategy can help your company combat negative stereotypes and normalize your products.
10. Analytics to Track Your CBD Metrics
After you have implemented your CBD content and SEO strategy, you have to continue to monitor your efforts, evaluate your strategy, and restructure the parts of your strategy that needs work.
Continue to track your long and short-tail keywords by seeing what keywords are receiving the engagement you expected, and what keywords are not placing you high on Google SERPs.
But, your CBD brand also needs to focus on important KPIs that your team should be assessed on a weekly basis.
Important KPIs include:
- Click-through rate
- Bounce rate
- Time on site
- Cart abandonment rate
- Search engine visibility
- Total number of pages viewed per visit
Not sure how to track your KPIs? Incorporating Google Analytics into your analytical strategy can save your CBD brand time and give a deeper insight into what aspects of your content and SEO strategy are working, where you can improve, and how you can continue to increase sales through your content.
We Can Help You Increase Your CBD Sales!
Are you stuck, plateauing, or struggling to convert website visitors into happy customers? Well, we can help you.
We want to help the right people find your CBD products and have all of the tools to take your CBD brands SEO and content strategy to the next level, and ultimately, generate more happy customers and increase revenue.
Schedule a consultation and see how we can help you today!